We know that volunteering has many benefits. One of them is the chance to give something back to the community. If you are local, knowing you can choose to be involved in the local club, shop, or association that might have given you or the people around you in times of need is a satisfying gesture.
Depending on the volunteer role that you take on, there may be opportunities to learn new skills, have a sense of belonging to a community, meet a diverse range of people to make new friends. It can also promote personal growth, mental stimulation and establish further self-esteem.
Benefits when you volunteer at Stryder.
Some of the benefits/perks:
All Volunteers/Admin Volunteers
- Reimbursed for your lunch
- Flexibility to choose your own hours/days
- FREE ‘Working With Children Check’ from Service NSW (You can utilise this to volunteer at grandchildren’s school at BBQ events etc)
- Stryder pays for your ‘NDIS Workers Check’ (valued at $80)
- When you volunteer 15hrs per week, you will still be able to access your pension/Centrelink payment (conditions apply)
Social Bus Assistant – additional perks
- Enjoy the sights en route whilst helping our independent clients
- If one of our clients is your relative, then enjoy a day with them
- Stryder pays to have you upskilled in ‘First Aid Certificate’ (valued at $65)
And more benefits when you volunteer as a Stryder Car or Bus Driver
- Stryder *pays for you to have a full health check with your doctor of choice (*conditions apply)
- Reimburse you for vehicle expenses (if you are using your own car)
- Stryder pays to upgrade your license to a Light Rigid license (if you wish) (valued at $1,000)
- Stryder helps you achieve your Bus Driver Authority
- Provide defensive driver training (valued at $285)
- Pays you to upskill in First Aid Certificate (valued at $65)
We are fortunate to have volunteers stay with us for many years as they become part of the Stryder community. We value each and every volunteer and always consider them an integral part of the team.
Click here for a 30-sec clip to hear what one of our fabulous bus drivers has to say:
So, what are you waiting for?
Put in your Expression of Interest https://stryder.org.au/volunteers/